Abstract Download PDF
UPS Korea Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN KOREA||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR||Harrison Park
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/kr|
|UPS KOREA HEADQUARTERS||UNITED PARCEL SERVICE KOREA Co.,Ltd,94-3, Mullae-Ro, Youngdeungpo-Gu, Seoul, Korea (07295)|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|EMPLOYEES||More than 500 in Korea; more than 454,000 worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||119 package vans, trucks, box trucks, trailers and vans and motorcycles|
|UPS FLIGHTS||70 weekly flights to and from Incheon Airport using B747-400, B747-800, B767 & MD11|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Incheon International Airport - ICN)
|OPERATING FACILITIES||17 Centers; 4 Offices; 1 Hub; 4 Warehouses, 3 Depots, 1 Customer Center, 1 Authorized Shipping Outlet
|BROKERAGE OPERATIONS||Incheon International Airport|
- Oct 18, 2017 - UPS Korea participated in 14th Korea Automotive Industry Exhibition, as part of efforts to reach out to automotive industry and raise brand awareness of UPS as a logistic partner by exploring new potential customers.
- Sep 11, 2017 – UPS Korea announced intra-Asia network enhancements to improve delivery time for import shipments to Korean consumers and businesses in more than 4,500 postal codes. Customers based in Seoul will benefit from improved transit time from major Asia Pacific cities by up to 4 hours; Customers in Busan will benefit from improved transit from major Asia Pacific cities by up to one day.
- Aug 3, 2017 – UPS announced the expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across its global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
- Jul 10, 2017 – UPS enhanced transit times for shipments to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam by 1 day, strengthening the competiveness of Korean customers in the market.
- Jul 1, 2017 – UPS enhanced its services from areas in Yeoju, Wonju, Chungju, Jincheon, Eumseong North Gyeonggi, Ochang and Osong provinces, supporting customers’ competitiveness in the market. The selected areas benefitted from a 1 day improvement transit time to US, Europe, Asia or extended pickup cutoff times.
- Mar 8, 2017 – UPS Korea relocated its service center from Dangsan-dong to Docksan-dong to strengthen its capabilities to better serve customers. The larger facility of more than 10,000 square feet will increase UPS’s capacity to handle greater volume and allow customers to benefit from later cut-off times for shipment pick-up, providing greater flexibility for businesses to process late shipments.
- Oct 13, 2016 – UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Aug 23, 2016 – UPS Korea announced that it was awarded the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) certification by the Korea Customs Service. The certification, which is valid until April 2021, recognizes UPS’s adoption and implementation of proper security and operational measures needed to secure its supply chain; thus expediting UPS shipments for our customers through customs clearance procedures with minimal documentation and inspection requirements.
- Jul 18, 2016 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Apr 5, 2016 – UPS announced improved services in 13 cities to better serve the growing exporting and importing needs of businesses in Korea. Customers in these cities benefit from extended cut-off times for shipment pick-ups and improved shipment time-in-transit from selected cities to major US, European and Asian cities. As trade opportunities continue to grow with the implementation of free trade agreements with key trade partners such as China and Vietnam, the service enhancements bring greater flexibility and efficiencies to help small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Korea meet their business needs.
- Oct 12, 2015 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express® service to more than 41,000 new postal codes around the world, offering earlier time-guaranteed delivery options to customers who could only enjoy guaranteed end-of-day services. Customers can use UPS Worldwide Express to send shipments more than 23,000 new postal codes in Asia Pacific markets, namely, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan. This is the largest one-time expansion of the service in UPS's history.
- Oct 8, 2015 – UPS Korea relocated its service center from Segye-dong to Sangam-dong in Korea with expanded capacity, offering customers later cut-off times for shipment pick-up. The newly opened and larger Sangam center features the latest equipment to ensure safety and enhance operational efficiency.
- Aug 27, 2015 – UPS Korea sponsored the Korea Green Foundation’s environmental project, ‘One thousand five hundred Good City Farmers’ with a donation of USD20,000 from the UPS Foundation, the charitable arm of UPS. UPS, together with the Korea Green Foundation, continues to improve awareness of upcycling programing through utilizing disposable cups and coffee dregs, affirming the company's long-term commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
- Mar 3, 2015 – UPS and comScore Inc. released the second global study analysis what drives an online shopper's full path to purchase. Results show the advent of the 'flex shopper' - an online buyer who easily switches channels and devices when evaluating and purchasing products, and also expects a seamless retail experience from research to delivery.
- Jan 15, 2015 – UPS announced the addition of Trade Management Services, comprising trade consulting, import/export technologies and managed services, to the UPS customs brokerage portfolio in Asia to facilitate customers' expansion opportunities.
- Jan 7, 2015 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ service in 12 new origin and nine new destination countries globally for urgent, time-sensitive and high-value international heavyweight shipments. UPS now offers the service, which is ideal for product launches, inventory shortages or equipment failure replacement parts, to 50 origin and 51 destination countries and territories throughout the world.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.