Abstract Download PDF
UPS Korea Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN KOREA||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR||J.K. Rha|
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/kr|
|UPS KOREA HEADQUARTERS||UNITED PARCEL SERVICE KOREA Co.,Ltd,94-3, Mullae-Ro, Youngdeungpo-Gu, Seoul, Korea (07295)|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2016 REVENUE||US$61 billion|
|2016 DELIVERY VOLUME||4.9 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||19.1 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.7 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||2.8 million packages and documents|
|EMPLOYEES||More than 500 in Korea; more than 434,000 worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||118 package vans, trucks, box trucks, trailers and vans and motorcycles|
|UPS FLIGHTS||70 weekly flights to and from Incheon Airport using B747, B767 & MD11|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Incheon International Airport - ICN)
|OPERATING FACILITIES||17 Centers; 4 Offices; 1 Hub; 4 Warehouses, 3 Depots, 1 Customer Center, 1 Authorized Shipping Outlet
|BROKERAGE OPERATIONS||Incheon International Airport|
- Sep 11, 2017 – UPS improved transit times for low-value shipments from Asia Pacific to Korea, specifically 2,000 postal codes in Seoul and over 2,500 postal codes in Busan. Customers in Seoul can enjoy faster delivery by up to 4 hours whilst customers in Busan can get delivery by up to 1 day faster than before
- Aug 21, 2017 – UPS Korea relocated the service center in Gangnam to Seongsu Industrial Complex. It will be able to handle packages more efficiently at the new center which is designed and structured suitable for operation. Customers in selected areas in Cheongdam and Shinsa district can enjoy the extended pickup cut-off times.
- July 10, 2017 – UPS launched UPS Worldwide Express Freight(WWEF) Midday service offering guaranteed 12 noon and/or 2pm delivery to more than 7,500 postal areas across 35 countries and territories worldwide for palletized shipment of more than 70kg.
- Mar 7, 2017 – UPS Korea relocated the service center in Dangsan-dong to Docksan-dong with expanded capacity and enhanced services for customers. The newly opened Docksan center close proximity to Gasan Digital Complex in Guemcheon district can provide customers in Guro digital complex later cut-off times for shipment pick-up by up to almost four hours.
- Oct 13, 2016 – UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Aug 23, 2016 – UPS Korea announced that it was awarded the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) certification by the Korea Customs Service. The certification, which is valid until April 2021, recognizes UPS’s adoption and implementation of proper security and operational measures needed to secure its supply chain; thus expediting UPS shipments for our customers through customs clearance procedures with minimal documentation and inspection requirements.
- Jul 18, 2016 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Apr 5, 2016 – UPS announced improved services in 13 cities to better serve the growing exporting and importing needs of businesses in Korea. Customers in these cities benefit from extended cut-off times for shipment pick-ups and improved shipment time-in-transit from selected cities to major US, European and Asian cities. As trade opportunities continue to grow with the implementation of free trade agreements with key trade partners such as China and Vietnam, the service enhancements bring greater flexibility and efficiencies to help small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Korea meet their business needs.
- Oct 12, 2015 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express® service to more than 41,000 new postal codes around the world, offering earlier time-guaranteed delivery options to customers who could only enjoy guaranteed end-of-day services. Customers can use UPS Worldwide Express to send shipments more than 23,000 new postal codes in Asia Pacific markets, namely, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan. This is the largest one-time expansion of the service in UPS's history.
- Oct 8, 2015 – UPS Korea relocated its service center from Segye-dong to Sangam-dong in Korea with expanded capacity, offering customers later cut-off times for shipment pick-up. The newly opened and larger Sangam center features the latest equipment to ensure safety and enhance operational efficiency.
- Aug 27, 2015 – UPS Korea sponsored the Korea Green Foundation’s environmental project, ‘One thousand five hundred Good City Farmers’ with a donation of USD20,000 from the UPS Foundation, the charitable arm of UPS. UPS, together with the Korea Green Foundation, continues to improve awareness of upcycling programing through utilizing disposable cups and coffee dregs, affirming the company's long-term commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
- Mar 3, 2015 – UPS and comScore Inc. released the second global study analysis what drives an online shopper's full path to purchase. Results show the advent of the 'flex shopper' - an online buyer who easily switches channels and devices when evaluating and purchasing products, and also expects a seamless retail experience from research to delivery.
- Jan 15, 2015 – UPS announced the addition of Trade Management Services, comprising trade consulting, import/export technologies and managed services, to the UPS customs brokerage portfolio in Asia to facilitate customers' expansion opportunities.
- Jan 7, 2015 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ service in 12 new origin and nine new destination countries globally for urgent, time-sensitive and high-value international heavyweight shipments. UPS now offers the service, which is ideal for product launches, inventory shortages or equipment failure replacement parts, to 50 origin and 51 destination countries and territories throughout the world.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.