Abstract Download PDF
UPS Korea Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN KOREA||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR||Harrison Park
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/kr|
|UPS KOREA HEADQUARTERS||UNITED PARCEL SERVICE KOREA Co.,Ltd,94-3, Mullae-Ro, Youngdeungpo-Gu, Seoul, Korea (07295)|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|EMPLOYEES||More than 550 in Korea; more than 454,000 worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||119 package vans, trucks, box trucks, trailers and vans and motorcycles|
|UPS FLIGHTS||68 weekly flights to and from Incheon Airport using B747-400, B747-800, B767 & MD11|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Incheon International Airport - ICN)
|OPERATING FACILITIES||22 Centers; 4 Offices; 1 Hub; 6 Warehouses, 3 Depots, 1 Customer Center
|BROKERAGE OPERATIONS||Incheon International Airport|
- May 16, 2018 – UPS Korea expanded its international facility at Incheon International Airport to over 770 square meters of warehouse space. The added capacity serves the increased needs of businesses in Korea, providing long-term storage, and shipment consolidation services to store and manage high-value goods.
- Apr 1, 2018 – UPS Korea enhanced its services in selected postal codes in four cities – Gyeongsan, Ulsan, Gwangju, Jeonju/ Iksan – offering a one-day faster transit time, giving of Korean businesses greater connectivity to the major markets of Europe, USA and the rest of Asia.
- Mar 15, 2018 – UPS Korea announced the appointment of Harrison Park as Managing Director of UPS Korea. With 22 years of experience in diverse roles in the company, Park will lead a team of more than 500 employees in one of Asia’s biggest economies, overseeing one of the world’s busiest transport hubs – Incheon Airport.
- Feb 26, 2018 – UPS expanded its Worldwide Express™ package service to provide an earlier delivery option for customers more than 400 new postal locations in provide early delivery in Asia, including selected areas in Indonesia, Singapore and South Korea.
- Feb 19, 2018 – UPS Korea improved delivery times for import shipments to 2,020 postal codes in Seoul from major Asia Pacific cities by up to 1 day . Customers will benefit by having options for faster delivery, and the flexibility to choose between Midday service and for letters/documents.
- Feb 8, 2018 – UPS announced the introduction of UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ Midday, in selected areas in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. The service offers a committed delivery time of 12 p.m. or 2 p.m. from all 71 origin countries to 35 key destination countries that represent over two-thirds of global GDP.
- Feb 1, 2018 - UPS ordered 14 Boeing 747-8 cargo jets and four new Boeing 767 aircraft to provide additional capacity in response to accelerating demand for the company’s air services. All of the new jets will be delivered by the end of 2022, adding more than 9 million pounds of cargo capacity and providing the critical link for customers and markets around the world.
- Oct 18, 2017 - UPS Korea participated in 14th Korea Automotive Industry Exhibition, as part of efforts to reach out to automotive industry and raise brand awareness of UPS as a logistic partner by exploring new potential customers.
- Sep 11, 2017 – UPS Korea announced intra-Asia network enhancements to improve delivery time for import shipments to Korean consumers and businesses in more than 4,500 postal codes. Customers based in Seoul will benefit from improved transit time from major Asia Pacific cities by up to 4 hours; Customers in Busan will benefit from improved transit from major Asia Pacific cities by up to one day.
- Aug 3, 2017 – UPS announced the expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across its global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
- Jul 10, 2017 – UPS enhanced transit times for shipments to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam by 1 day, strengthening the competiveness of Korean customers in the market.
- Jul 1, 2017 – UPS enhanced its services from areas in Yeoju, Wonju, Chungju, Jincheon, Eumseong North Gyeonggi, Ochang and Osong provinces, supporting customers’ competitiveness in the market. The selected areas benefitted from a 1 day improvement transit time to US, Europe, Asia or extended pickup cutoff times.
- Mar 8, 2017 – UPS Korea relocated its service center from Dangsan-dong to Docksan-dong to strengthen its capabilities to better serve customers. The larger facility of more than 10,000 square feet will increase UPS’s capacity to handle greater volume and allow customers to benefit from later cut-off times for shipment pick-up, providing greater flexibility for businesses to process late shipments.
Information is cumulative as at Q2 2018. Last updated June 2018.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.