UPS operates one of the world’s largest transportation fleets and is a major consumer of vehicles and aftermarket parts. There are more than 96,000 delivery trucks, vans, tractors, and motorcycles, including 2,745 alternative-fuel and technology vehicles.
- UPS Autogistics® is the name for UPS’s comprehensive suite of solutions and parts logistics services for the automotive industry. (see Autogistics section).
- With decades of experience in the Automotive segment, UPS Autogistics solutions provide flexible, broad and innovative tools that aftermarket parts manufacturers, distributors and retailers, as well as dealerships, need to reach end users with remarkable speed.
- UPS helps automotive aftermarket companies effectively compete in today’s marketplace by providing a full range of transportation options and single-platform shipping and visibility solutions.
- Each year, UPS transports millions of dollars’ worth of vehicles, components and aftermarket parts.
- UPS’s Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) solutions provide retailers, manufacturers and distributors the ability to balance costs and service while preserving the customer experience.
- UPS provides customs clearance in more than 60 countries, which means improved compliance, reduced border delays and effective management of often-complex trade regulations.
UPS Autogistics is broken into three key areas:
UPS Autogistics® Aftermarket Parts Fulfillment-Provides retailers, distributors, manufacturers, dealerships and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers with a broad array of aftermarket supply chain logistics solutions. Click here for more information.
UPS Autogistics® Inbound Material-Flexible transportation options that help automotive manufacturers meet production schedules and demands that include end-to-end visibility. Click here for more information.
UPS Autogistics® Finished Vehicle Transportation-Whether moving a single car or an entire fleet, UPS provides solutions for moving all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, vans, buses, heavy equipment, tractors and trailers. Click here for more information.
Key Findings: 2013 Automotive Parts & Accessories Study
(UPS Pulse of the Online Shopper™ for Automotive Parts & Accessories Buyers is an annual study about online buyer behaviors and preferences that can help aftermarket automotive suppliers compete more effectively.)
- Although price is a major factor in the online purchasing process, automotive parts and accessories (AP&A) survey respondents said non-price features, such as the seller’s return policy, product selection and shipping options make up 60% of all comparison-shopping considerations.
- Online sellers who can best meet and manage their online customers’ expectations may have a more meaningful advantage over their competition.
- 75% reported that they have added additional items to their shopping carts to qualify for free shipping.
|Leadership||Brian Littlefield, marketing segment director
Paul Hargadon, UPS Autogistics director, finished vehicles transportation
Ioana Mazare, UPS marketing segment manager
Laura Karpovage, UPS integrated communications manager
Matthew O’Connor, UPS Automotive PR manager
|Services & Solutions||Aftermarket parts fulfillment, finished vehicle transportation, returns, warehousing, customs brokerage, UPS CrossBorder Connect®, UPS Flex Global View®, UPS Quantum View®, UPS Paperless Invoice®, UPS Worldwide Express Freight®, UPS TradeAbility and more. Click here for more information on UPS’s automotive services and solutions.|
UPS operates one of the world’s largest transportation fleets and is a major consumer of vehicles and aftermarket parts.
There are more than 96,000 delivery trucks, vans, tractors, and motorcycles, including 2,745 alternative-fuel and technology vehicles.
|Member||Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)
Auto Care Association
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.