Abstract Download PDF
UPS Malaysia Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN MALAYSIA||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR||Mohamed Firoz
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/my|
|UPS MALAYSIA COUNTRY OFFICE||United Parcel Service (M) Sdn Bhd
No. 21 Jalan Tiang U8/93, Seksyen U8, Bukit Jelutong Industrial Park, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||10 UPS offices; 85 MBE outlets|
|EMPLOYEES||360 in Malaysia; more than 454,000 worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||59 (vans, trucks and motorcycles)|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||2 (Kuala Lumpur International Airport – KUL; Penang International Airport – PEN)|
|UPS FLIGHTS||20 weekly flights to and from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) and Penang International Airport (PEN)|
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- UPS equipped its drivers in Malaysia with the fifth generation Delivery Information Acquisition Device (DIAD V) to support customers’ increasing demands for consistent connectivity and visibility. Along with improvements to network utilization and schedule planning, the DIAD V maximizes service efficiency to ensure that UPS is well equipped to keep tabs on the delivery of its packages, no matter the volume.
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express® service to more than 41,000 new postal codes around the world, offering earlier-time guaranteed delivery options to customers who previously could only enjoy guaranteed end-of-day services. Customers can use UPS Worldwide Express to send shipments more than 23,000 new postal codes in Asia Pacific markets, namely, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan. This is the largest one-time expansion of the service in UPS's history.
- UPS expanded its portfolio of services in Myanmar, introducing express delivery and contract logistics services to complement the air and ocean freight services launched in 2014. Customers can leverage a full range of logistics solutions – including in-house customs clearance and guaranteed door-to-door delivery to over 220 countries and territories worldwide – as the emerging market engages in increased levels of global trade.
- UPS announced the addition of Trade Management Services, comprising trade consulting, import/export technologies and managed services, to the UPS customs brokerage portfolio in Asia to facilitate customers' expansion opportunities.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.