Abstract Download PDF
UPS Taiwan Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN TAIWAN||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR OF UPS TAIWAN||Sam Hung
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/tw/en|
|UPS TAIWAN COUNTRY OFFICE||UPS International Inc., Taiwan Branch, 2F, 361 Ta Nan Road, Shih Lin District, Taipei 11161, Taiwan|
|TRANS PACIFIC HUB||to No. 31 Export Gate, Taipei Air Cargo Terminal, CKS Airport, P.O. Box 073, 10-1, Hangchin North Rd, Dayuan, Taoyuan City, Taiwan|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||9 UPS Service Centres and more than 3,000 FamilyMart Convenience Store outlets islandwide|
|EMPLOYEES||934 in Taiwan (557 SP, 377 SCS); more than 454,000 worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||141 (motorcycles, vans and feeder vehicles)|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport-TPE)
|UPS FLIGHTS||22 Weekly flights to and from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)
|SEAPORTS SERVED||2 (Keelung Seaport and Kaohsiung Seaport)|
|BROKERAGE OPERATIONS & OPERATING FACILITIES||UPS TransPacific Hub, Taiwan|
- Oct 12, 2018 – UPS introduced UPS My Choice to 13 markets in the Asia Pacific, including Australia, China, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. Customers will have access to e-mail and text notifications that a delivery is on its way, a day before delivery alert and a delivery notification. In countries and territories where technology allows delivery change options, users can route packages to another address, opt to hold the delivery or reschedule for delivery on another day.
- Aug 17, 2018 – UPS launched enhancements to its alternate delivery locations in Taiwan, allowing customers pick up international packages fulfilled by UPS at more than 850 e-lockers island-wide. UPS also became the first international delivery company to work with Palmbox to offer the collect-on-delivery (COD) option with parcel collection at e-lockers.
- Feb 8, 2018 – UPS announced the introduction of UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ Midday, in selected areas in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. The service offers a committed delivery time of 12 p.m. or 2 p.m. from all 71 origin countries to 35 key destination countries that represent over two-thirds of global GDP.
- Feb 1, 2018 - UPS ordered 14 Boeing 747-8 cargo jets and four new Boeing 767 aircraft to provide additional capacity in response to accelerating demand for the company’s air services. All of the new jets will be delivered by the end of 2022, adding more than 9 million pounds of cargo capacity and providing the critical link for customers and markets around the world.
- Nov 8, 2017 – UPS Taiwan enhanced services in more than 500 postal codes across 19 districts in Taoyuan and Southern New Taipei City. The enhancements include extended pick-up times for export shipments, allowing businesses greater control over export shipments.
- Aug 3, 2017 – UPS announced the expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across its global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
Information is cumulative as at Q4 2018. Last updated November 2018.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.