Abstract Download PDF
UPS Taiwan Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN TAIWAN||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR OF UPS TAIWAN||Wayne Pi
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/tw/en|
|TAIWAN HEADQUARTERS||UPS International Inc., Taiwan Branch, 2F, 361 Ta Nan Road, Shih Lin District, Taipei 11161, Taiwan|
|TRANS PACIFIC HUB||No. 31 TACT Import Gate, No10-1, Hang-Chin N. Road, Taoyuan International Airport, P.O. Box 34-073, Ta-Yuan Hsiang, Taoyuan Hsien, 33799, Taiwan|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2016 REVENUE||US$61 billion|
|2016 DELIVERY VOLUME||4.9 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||19.1 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.7 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||2.8 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||9 UPS Service Centres and more than 2,900 FamilyMart Convenience Store outlets islandwide|
|EMPLOYEES||791 in Taiwan (546 SP, 245 SCS); more than 434,000 worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||More than 141 (motorcycles, vans and feeder vehicles)|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport) Taipei|
|UPS FLIGHTS||22 Weekly flights to and from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)
|SEAPORTS SERVED||2 (Keelung Seaport and Kaohsiung Seaport)|
|BROKERAGE OPERATIONS & OPERATING FACILITIES||UPS TransPacific Hub, Taiwan|
- UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- UPS announced service enhancements in more than 180 postal codes in 16 townships in central and southern areas of Changhua County, Taiwan. The enhancements include new and extended pickup cut-off times in 88 postal codes across 11 townships¹ , allowing for same day export service for time-critical shipments. Businesses will also benefit from improved transit times for goods moving to major markets in Europe, U.S. and the rest of Asia Pacific.
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- UPS Taiwan launched the "UPS United Problem Solvers™" campaign to communicate UPS's unique capabilities in solving problems for customers, ranging from small businesses to the largest global enterprises. Central to the campaign is illustrating the company’s collaborative approach to support Asian businesses in capitalizing on growth opportunities.
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express® service to more than 41,000 new postal codes around the world, offering earlier-time guaranteed delivery options to customers who previously could only enjoy guaranteed end-of-day services. Customers can use UPS Worldwide Express to send shipments more than 23,000 new postal codes in Asia Pacific markets, namely, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan. This is the largest one-time expansion of the service in UPS's history.
- UPS instituted a range of service enhancements in Taiwan, bringing greater flexibility and efficiencies to Taiwanese businesses as it improves shipping time between Taiwan, Asia and Europe. Leveraging a direct flight connection between Taipei and UPS’s Shenzhen Asia-Pacific hub, customers benefit from improved transit times and later cut-off times to tender shipments to UPS in key Taiwanese cities.
- UPS announced the addition of Trade Management Services, comprising trade consulting, import/export technologies and managed services, to the UPS customs brokerage portfolio in Asia to facilitate customers' expansion opportunities.
1. Fangyuan, Erlin, Pitou, Beidou, Tianwei, Tianjhong, Shetou, Yongjing, Yuanlin and Puyan in Central Changhua; and Jhutang in Southern Changhua
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.