Abstract Download PDF
UPS Japan Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN JAPAN||1990|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|REPRESENTATIVE DIRECTOR AND PRESIDENT, UPS JAPAN
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/jp/en|
|UPS JAPAN HEADQUARTERS||UPS Japan Co., Ltd.
MS Shibaura Building 13F, 4-13-23, Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0023
|UPS SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTIONS JAPAN HEADQUARTERS||UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Japan), Co., Ltd.
Vort Shibaura WaterFront, 4-12-31 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0023
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||2 (Narita International Airport - NRT and Kansai International Airport - KIX)|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||21 (MBE stores, PAKMAIL counters, Navy Exchange counters and UPS Express Centers)|
|EMPLOYEES||More than 900 in Japan; more than 454,000 worldwide|
|OPERATING FACILITIES||59 (admin offices, package pickup and delivery centers, distribution centers, field stocking locations, container freight stations, gateways, and customs brokerage offices)|
|UPS FLIGHTS||29 weekly flights to and from Narita International Airport (NRT) and Kansai International Airport (KIX) using B767|
- Oct 12, 2018 – UPS introduced UPS My Choice to 13 markets in the Asia Pacific, including Australia, China, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. Customers will have access to e-mail and text notifications that a delivery is on its way, a day before delivery alert and a delivery notification. In countries and territories where technology allows delivery change options, users can route packages to another address, opt to hold the delivery or reschedule for delivery on another day.
- Apr 11, 2018 – Now into its sixth year, UPS launched the Pulse of the Online Shopper™ Study on retail and e-commerce trends. The research commissioned by UPS revealed enduring constants as well as emerging trends that are changing consumer behaviour and preferences across China, Hong Kong and Japan. The importance of giving consumers choices, such as expedited shipping options, where to return purchases and alternative delivery locations, will help retailers stay competitive and grow their businesses.
- Apr 9, 2018 – UPS improved transit time by one day for inbound shipments to selected areas in Ichikawa City, Japan, allowing local businesses to respond more quickly to customer demand
- Feb 8, 2018 – UPS announced the introduction of UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ Midday, in selected areas in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. The service offers a committed delivery time of 12 p.m. or 2 p.m. from all 71 origin countries to 35 key destination countries that represent over two-thirds of global GDP.
- Aug 3, 2017 – UPS announced the expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across its global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
Information is cumulative as at Q4 2018. Last updated November 2018.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.