Safety Training Fact Sheet
Training is the cornerstone of safety at UPS, and management training is the logical precursor to an informed and safe workforce. Safety professionals at UPS teach a comprehensive range of workshops, certifying frontline managers and supervisors who in turn, teach hourly employees in the specifics of each course. This train-the-trainer approach ensures consistency and enables safety personnel in each district to reinforce safe work and safe driving habits.
- UPS has more than 450 management and administrative employees whose job it is to protect the health and safety of the company's workers. There are also 3,600 CHSP committees that work directly on safety issues in the operation.
- UPS invests $175 million per year on safety training.
UPS employees receive nearly 3.8 million hours of safety training annually, including Safe Work Methods. UPS Safe Work Methods have been developed to help address the major sources of known risk to our employees. The six methods are:
- Job set-up
- Lifting and lowering
- Slips and falls
- Pushing and pulling
- Powered equipment
- Plan for the unexpected
The following is a list of annual and periodic UPS safety training courses:
- Defensive Driving School and Package Driver Training School
- Co-Chaired Comprehensive Health and Safety Process (CHSP) Workshop
- Safety 101 Workshop
- Accident Investigation Workshop
- Injured Employee Procedure
- Safe Work Methods
- CHSP Overview
- Annual Space and Visibility Ride
- Powered Industrial Truck Operator (PITO) Certification
- Employee Assistance Program
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Hearing Conservation Program
- Designated Responder Trainer Program
- Initial Designated Responder Training
- Recurrent Designated Responder Training
- Conveyor Safety Training
- Lockout Affected and Authorized Training
- Workplace Violence Prevention Training
- Hazard Communication Program
- Hazardous Material/Emergency Response Training
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Training
- Damaged Materials Program
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.