Abstract Download PDF
UPS Asia Pacific Region Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Wash., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN ASIA PACIFIC||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|UPS ASIA PACIFIC PRESIDENT||Ross McCullough
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||www.UPS.com|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
ASIA PACIFIC AREAS SERVED
|41 countries & territories|
|ASIA PACIFIC POINTS OF ACCESS||More than 3,500 points of access including UPS Express, MBEs (Mail Box Etc.), customer centers, authorized shipping outlets and alliances|
|EMPLOYEES||14,180 in Asia Pacific; more than 454,000 worldwide|
|ASIA PACIFIC DELIVERY FLEET||1,878 (package vans, trucks, trailers and vans and motorcycles)|
|OPERATING FACILITIES||430 (admin offices, package centres, hubs, gateway offices, distribution centers and warehouses, healthcare facilities, active and inactive CL sites)|
|INTRA-ASIA PACIFIC||20 (Shanghai, Shenzhen, Qingdao, Chengdu, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Clark, Cebu, Osaka, Tokyo, Incheon, Singapore, Jakarta, Taipei, Bangkok, Sydney, Guam and Ho Chi Minh City)|
|ASIA PACIFIC AIR HUBS||Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong|
|BROKERAGE OPERATIONS||Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam|
- Dec 18, 2017 – UPS renews its appointment as the “Chinese Men’s Basketball Professional League Official Logistics and Express Delivery Sponsor” from 2017 to 2019. Sponsoring the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) reflects UPS’s multi-year investment and growth plan to expand its geographical presence in support of China’s globalization push and economic modernization.
- Nov 14, 2017 – UPS China was awarded the General Certified Enterprise (GCE) certification under China’s Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) scheme in Guangzhou, Beijing, Tianjin, Xi’an, Qingdao, Dalian, Zhengzhou, Chengdu and Xiamen. The certification recognizes UPS’s commitment to ensuring a secure and compliant supply chain for export shipments from China.
- Nov 8, 2017 – UPS Taiwan enhanced services in more than 500 postal codes across 19 districts in Taoyuan and Southern New Taipei City. The enhancements include extended pick-up times for export shipments, allowing businesses greater control over export shipments.
- Oct 10, 2017 – UPS announced it has substantially upped its investment in the Chinese market by enhancing its services across 20 cities to better serve the manufacturers and exporters that will be powering the country’s growth.
- Oct 4, 2017 - UPS Vietnam enhanced services in 10 provinces as part of its long-term strategy to provide local small and medium-sized companies greater access to global trade. Businesses benefit from reduced transit times for export and import shipments moving within Asia, and improved shipment times from Europe. In addition, the cut-off times for shipment pick-ups were extended by up to three hours.
- Sep 27, 2017 – UPS and SF Holding, the parent company of SF Express, announced the approval of their planned joint venture by China’s Ministry of Commerce. Customers in China seeking an economical solution for less urgent shipments can opt for Global Reach Plus, the new joint venture deferred express product that features the full visibility and reliability of a premium express service.
- Sep 15, 2017 – UPS was awarded “Most Valuable Supply Chain Enterprise” in Beijing by Business Management Review.
- Sep 11, 2017 – UPS Korea enhanced its intra-Asia network to improve delivery times for import shipments to Korean consumers and businesses in more than 4,500 postal codes. Customers based in Seoul will benefit from improved transit time from major Asia Pacific cities by up to 4 hours; Customers in Busan will benefit from improved transit from major Asia Pacific cities by up to one day.
- Sep 11, 2017 – UPS improved transit times for low-value shipments from Asia Pacific to Korea, specifically 2,000 postal codes in Seoul and over 2,500 postal codes in Busan. Customers in Seoul can enjoy faster delivery by up to four hours whilst customers in Busan can get delivery by up to one day faster than before.
- Aug, 3 2017 - UPS announced expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across UPS’s global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations, comprising China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
- July, 10 2017 – UPS Thailand expanded service by offering extended collection cut off times in the Greater Bangkok covering six regions - Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon and three provinces in the Ayutthaya region – Lop Buri, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya and Saraburi.
- May 26, 2017 – UPS and SF Holding, the parent company of SF Express, announced plans to establish a joint venture and collaborate to develop and provide international delivery services initially from China to the US, with expansion plans for other destinations. Through this agreement the parties will leverage their complementary networks, service portfolios, technologies and logistics expertise.
- Mar 28, 2017 – UPS announced the addition of six stations to its Preferred full and less-than-container load (FCL and LCL) multimodal rail service between Europe and China. This improves time in transit as well as reduce supply chain costs requirements. New stations that were added in Europe, were in Duisburg, Germany and Warsaw, Poland whilst in China, Changsha, Chongqing, Suzhou and Wuhan Stations were added
- Mar 7, 2017 – UPS Korea relocated the service center in Dangsan-dong to Docksan-dong with expanded capacity and enhanced services for customers. The Docksan center close proximity to Gasan Digital Complex in Guemcheon district provides customers later cut-off times for shipment pick-up by up to almost four hours.
- Nov 29, 2016 - UPS Thailand announced its service expansion and brand presence in Chachaengsao, Chonburi, Prachinburi and Rayong provinces by the first quarter of 2017 to support the growth of Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard region
- Oct 13, 2016 – UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Oct 12, 2016 – UPS announced that it will collaborate with local express, freight and cargo forwarding company Airfreight 2100, Inc. (AIR21) to expand its service to more than 1,600 postal codes across seven major areas in the Philippines – Camanava, Angeles, North Luzon, South Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Cavite. This unique collaboration combines UPS’s international reach with AIR21’s local knowledge and expertise to deliver premium quality service to meet local business needs.
- Sep 19, 2016 – UPS announced that it will partner Fast Radius to expand the UPS on-demand 3D printing network to Asia, enabling customers to increase their supply chain efficiency with additive manufacturing. UPS will also establish an Advanced Solutions team in Asia to create a Centre of Excellence that develops supply chain solutions and promotes wider applicability of 3D printing.
- Aug 23, 2016 – UPS Korea was awarded the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) certification by the Korea Customs Service. The certification, which is valid until April 2021, recognizes UPS’s adoption and implementation of proper security and operational measures needed to secure its supply chain; thus expediting UPS shipments for our customers through customs clearance procedures with minimal documentation and inspection requirements.
- Jul 7, 2016 – UPS announced service enhancements in more than 180 postal codes in 16 townships in central and southern areas of Changhua County, Taiwan. The enhancements include new and extended pickup cut-off times in 88 postal codes across 11 townships¹ , allowing for same day export service for time-critical shipments. Businesses will also benefit from improved transit times for goods moving to major markets in Europe, U.S. and the rest of Asia Pacific.
1. Fangyuan, Erlin, Pitou, Beidou, Tianwei, Tianjhong, Shetou, Yongjing, Yuanlin and Puyan in Central Changhua; and Jhutang in Southern Changhua
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.