Abstract Download PDF
UPS Hong Kong Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Wash., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN HONG KONG||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|HONG KONG HEADQUARTERS||UPS Parcel Delivery Service Ltd, UPS Administration Office, 36/F, 9 Wing Hong Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR, UPS HONG KONG AND MACAU||Lauren Zhao
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||www.ups.com/hk|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|EMPLOYEES||957 in Hong Kong, more than 454,000 worldwide|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||1|
|DELIVERY FLEET||162 vehicles (182 vehicles including cross-border trucks)|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Hong Kong International Airport)|
|UPS FLIGHT SEGMENTS||60 weekly flights to and from Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) using B747s, B767s and MD-11s|
- Aug 3, 2017 – UPS announced the expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across its global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
- June 6, 2017 – UPS appointed Lauren Zhao as Managing Director of UPS Hong Kong and Macau. With more than 20 years of experience with the company, Zhao leads UPS’s strategic business planning, package delivery and supply chain operations in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Oct 13, 2016 – UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- July 26, 2016 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- April 19, 2016 – UPS Hong Kong was awarded the Certificate of Merit in Transport and Logistics sector of the Hong Kong Award for Environmental Excellence, organized by the Environmental Campaign Committee of Hong Kong.
- April 6, 2016 – UPS Hong Kong launched the "UPS United Problem Solvers™" campaign to communicate UPS's unique capabilities in solving problems for customers, ranging from small businesses to the largest global enterprises. Central to the campaign is illustrating the company's collaborative approach to support Asian businesses in capitalizing on growth opportunities.
- Mar 1, 2016 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express service to 23 additional countries and territories, creating an earlier guaranteed-delivery option for customers in locations that previously had only end-of-day guarantees. The latest expansion covers growing markets like Vietnam, which is emerging as a manufacturing powerhouse in the Asia Pacific region.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.