UPS helps state agencies save money, simplify processes, gain efficiencies and reach sustainability targets — all through the power of logistics.
UPS helps state agencies leverage logistics in the following key areas:
- We help customers set realistic targets and accelerate toward individual states’ unique and evolving sustainability standards
- UPS has more than 2,500 alternative-fuel/technology fleet vehicles, carbon-neutral shipping and paperless billing options to support agency green initiatives
- A verified third party tracks and analyzes the carbon footprint of UPS customers’ shipments so that state agencies gain visibility into their carbon footprints
Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- We help state agencies develop disaster recovery and response plans and put them into action
- Our inventory management, commodity tracking, warehousing and transportation services help ensure that supplies are positioned and resources are in place for efficient and rapid response to disasters
- We connect charities with other organizations in the disaster response space that can complement their efforts and build out more effective recovery capabilities
- We have worked with numerous states on disaster recovery efforts and programs, including states in the Gulf region that were impacted by Hurricane Katrina and the oil spill
- Free and easy-to-use UPS shipping and tracking software provides 100% visibility of shipments, which reduces status calls and increases agency satisfaction
- A single technology platform interface covers all transportation modes
- In-transit visibility improves time management and flexibility with proactive notification of key shipping benchmarks from pickup to delivery
- UPS provides the broadest range of air and ground small package and freight services so customers can meet time-sensitive needs while choosing the most efficient form of transportation
- UPS automated shipping reduces repeated data entry, enables online air bill creation, and provides centralized control and customizable user access
- Electronic billing and filing accelerates cash flow by simplifying the analysis and allocation of charges
- UPS customized reporting allows agencies to easily track spending to improve accountability, identify trends and eliminate redundancies
- Deliver more than 16.3 million shipments daily, servicing more than 220 countries and territories
- Ground fleet of nearly 100,000 vehicles, with more than 2,600 of those alternative fuel or advanced technology
- Operate one of the world's largest airlines, flying 982 international flight segments daily and serving more than 346 international airports
- More than 811 distribution facilities in 120 countries, exceeding 33.5 million square feet of warehouse space
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.