Abstract Download PDF
UPS Vietnam Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Wash., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN VIETNAM||April 1994|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/vn|
|UPS VIETNAM COUNTRY OFFICE||18A Cong Hoa, Ward 12, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR, UPS VIETNAM
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||4
|EMPLOYEES||252 in Vietnam; more than 454,000 Worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||67 (vans, trucks and motorcycles)|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||2 (Tan Son Nhat Airport, Ho Chi Minh City - SGN; Noi Bai Airport, Hanoi - HAN)|
|OPERATING FACILITIES||4 (Ho Chi Minh center, Ha Noi center and Binh Duong center, TECS hub)|
- Oct 12, 2018 – UPS introduced UPS My Choice to 13 markets in the Asia Pacific, including Australia, China, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. Customers will have access to e-mail and text notifications that a delivery is on its way, a day before delivery alert and a delivery notification. In countries and territories where technology allows delivery change options, users can route packages to another address, opt to hold the delivery or reschedule for delivery on another day.
- Jul 2, 2018 - UPS expanded its ocean Less-Than-Container Load (LCL) service, with the addition of direct sailings in 130 lanes. Enhancements offer customers direct connection from Hai Phong, Vietnam to major ports in Malaysia and Australia via UPS’s Ocean LCL services.
- Feb 1, 2018 - UPS ordered 14 Boeing 747-8 cargo jets and four new Boeing 767 aircraft to provide additional capacity in response to accelerating demand for the company’s air services. All of the new jets will be delivered by the end of 2022, adding more than 9 million pounds of cargo capacity and providing the critical link for customers and markets around the world.
- Oct 4, 2017 - UPS Vietnam announced enhancement services in 10 provinces - Ba Ria Vung Tau, Binh Dinh, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc, Dong Nai, Quang Ngai, Quang Nam, Tay Ninh, Thua Thien Hue, Tien Giang. Businesses will benefit from reduced transit times for export and import shipments moving within Asia, and improved shipment times from Europe. In addition, the cut-off times for pick-up have been extended by up to three hours. This service enhancement is part of UPS’s long-term strategy to provide local small-and-medium businesses with greater access to global trade.
- Jun 13, 2017 – UPS Vietnam announced the enhancement of its export services across nine northern provinces to support local businesses as they pursue greater cross-border trade. Businesses will benefit from greater flexibility with extended cut-off time for export shipment pick-ups by up to three hours in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Hai Phong, Hung Yen, Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh, Phu Tho, Thai Binh and Vinh Phuc.
Information is cumulative as at Q4 2018. Last updated November 2018.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.