Abstract Download PDF
UPS Thailand Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN THAILAND||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR||Russell Reed
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||https://www.ups.com/th/en/Home.page|
|HEADQUARTERS||UPS Parcel Delivery Service Ltd., 16/1 Soi Sukhumvit 44/1, Sukhumvit Road, Prakhanong, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2016 REVENUE||US$61 billion|
|2016 DELIVERY VOLUME||4.9 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||19.1 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.7 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||2.8 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||More than 40 (MBEs, authorized shipping outlets)|
|EMPLOYEES||More than 400 in Thailand; more than 434,000 Worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||40 (motorcycles, vans)|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Suvarnabhumi Airport - BKK)|
|UPS FLIGHTS||10 weekly flights to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport - BKK|
- In May, UPS Thailand announced its service expansion and brand presence in Greater Bangkok and Ayutthaya region. The expansion covers six provinces in the Greater Bangkok region – Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon – and three provinces in the Ayutthaya region – Lop Buri, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya and Saraburi.
- UPS Thailand announced its service expansion and brand presence in Chachaengsao, Chonburi, Prachinburi and Rayong provinces by the first quarter of 2017 to support the growth of Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard region.
- UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- UPS Worldwide Express® services with guaranteed 12pm and/or 2pm delivery is now available with new postal areas across 17 cities in Thailand. This is part of UPS’s expansion of its UPS Worldwide Express® service to more than 41,000 new postal codes around the world, offering earlier-time guaranteed delivery options to customers who previously could only enjoy guaranteed end-of-day services. Customers can use UPS Worldwide Express to send shipments more than 23,000 new postal codes in Asia Pacific markets, namely, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan. This is the largest one-time expansion of the service in UPS's history.
- In the Asia-Pacific, UPS Worldwide Express Freight has been extended as an origin and destination service in Indonesia, New Zealand and Vietnam, making the service available to and from a total of 13 markets within the region.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.