Abstract Download PDF
UPS Thailand Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN THAILAND||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR, UPS THAILAND||Russell Reed
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||www.ups.com/th|
|UPS THAILAND COUNTRY OFFICE||UPS Parcel Delivery Service Ltd., 16/1 Soi Sukhumvit 44/1, Sukhumvit Road, Prakhanong, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||More than 40 (MBEs, authorized shipping outlets)|
|EMPLOYEES||More than 440 in Thailand; more than 454,000 globally|
|DELIVERY FLEET||More than 40 (motorcycles, vans)|
|AIRPORTS SERVED||1 (Suvarnabhumi Airport - BKK)|
|UPS FLIGHTS||10 weekly flights to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport - BKK|
- Mar 20, 2018 – UPS Thailand appointed Russell Reed as Managing Director of UPS Thailand. With 25 years of experience in diverse roles in the company, Reed will lead a team of more than 500 employees, overseeing UPS Thailand’s small package, freight forwarding and contract logistics operations and the growth of UPS’s operations in Cambodia and Myanmar.
- Feb 8, 2018 – UPS announced the introduction of UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ Midday, in selected areas in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. The service offers a committed delivery time of 12 p.m. or 2 p.m. from all 71 origin countries to 35 key destination countries that represent over two-thirds of global GDP.
- Feb 1, 2018 - UPS ordered 14 Boeing 747-8 cargo jets and four new Boeing 767 aircraft to provide additional capacity in response to accelerating demand for the company’s air services. All of the new jets will be delivered by the end of 2022, adding more than 9 million pounds of cargo capacity and providing the critical link for customers and markets around the world.
- Aug 3, 2017 – UPS announced the expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across its global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
- May 18, 2017 – UPS Thailand announced the expansion of its services across six provinces in the Greater Bangkok region – Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon – and three provinces in the Ayutthaya region – Lop Buri, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya and Saraburi. Businesses in these areas will benefit from extended collection cut-off times by up to 6.5 hours, faster transit times by up to two days and time-definite early morning delivery to Hong Kong with the UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Service.
Information is cumulative as at Q2 2018. Last updated June 2018
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.