Abstract Download PDF
UPS Singapore Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN SINGAPORE||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR||Lim Tze Hsien
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/sg|
|UPS SINGAPORE COUNTRY OFFICE||UPS (S) Pte Ltd.
31 ALPS Avenue #07-00, Singapore 498784
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2017 REVENUE||US$66 billion|
|2017 DELIVERY VOLUME||5.1 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||20 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.9 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||3.1 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||1 UPS Customer Centre at Changi South Avenue 2; 3 authorized Shipping Outlets namely Nam Ming Commercial & Stationery, IPLAN Pte Ltd (cash-paying customers only), The American Club (for the members only)|
|EMPLOYEES||734 in Singapore; more than 454,000 Worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||70 vehicles
|UPS FLIGHTS||16 weekly flights to and from Changi Airport, Singapore|
|BROKERAGE AND OPERATING FACILITIES||5 (UPS House, CIAS Cargo Terminal, Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS), UE TechPark (Pandan Crescent) and KLW Senoko (leased by Seagate)|
- Feb 26, 2018 – UPS expanded its Worldwide Express™ package service to provide an earlier delivery option for customers more than 400 new postal locations in provide early delivery in Asia, including selected areas in Indonesia, Singapore and South Korea
- Feb 1, 2018 - UPS ordered 14 Boeing 747-8 cargo jets and four new Boeing 767 aircraft to provide additional capacity in response to accelerating demand for the company’s air services. All of the new jets will be delivered by the end of 2022, adding more than 9 million pounds of cargo capacity and providing the critical link for customers and markets around the world.
- Aug 3, 2017 – UPS announced the expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across its global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS now ships alcohol to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau.
- Oct 13, 2016 – UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Sep 19, 2016 – UPS announced that it will partner Fast Radius to expand the UPS on-demand 3D printing network to Asia, enabling customer to increase their supply chain efficiency with additive manufacturing. UPS will also establish an Advanced Solutions team in Asia to create a Centre of Excellence that develops supply chain solutions and promotes wider applicability of 3D printing.
- July 26, 2016 – UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Information is cumulative as at Q2 2018. Last updated June 2018.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.