Abstract Download PDF
UPS Singapore Fact Sheet
|FOUNDED||August 28, 1907, in Seattle, Washington., USA|
|ESTABLISHED IN SINGAPORE||1988|
|WORLD HEADQUARTERS||Atlanta, Ga., USA|
|ASIA PACIFIC HEADQUARTERS||Singapore|
|MANAGING DIRECTOR||Lim Tze Hsien
|WORLD WIDE WEB ADDRESS||UPS.com/sg|
|HEADQUARTERS||31 ALPS Avenue #07-00, Singapore 498784|
|GLOBAL VOLUME & REVENUE|
|2016 REVENUE||US$61 billion|
|2016 DELIVERY VOLUME||4.9 billion packages and documents|
|DAILY DELIVERY VOLUME||19.1 million packages and documents|
|DAILY U.S. AIR DELIVERY VOLUME||2.7 million packages and documents|
|DAILY INTERNATIONAL VOLUME||2.8 million packages and documents|
|POINTS OF ACCESS||1 UPS Customer Centre at Changi South Avenue 2; 3 authorized Shipping Outlets namely Nam Ming Commercial & Stationery, IPLAN Pte Ltd (cash-paying customers only), The American Club (for the members only)|
|EMPLOYEES||775 in Singapore; more than 434,000 Worldwide|
|DELIVERY FLEET||73 Express
|UPS FLIGHTS||16 weekly flights to and from Changi Airport, Singapore|
|BROKERAGE AND OPERATING FACILITIES||5 (UPS House, CIAS Cargo Terminal, Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS), UE TechPark (Pandan Crescent) and KLW Senoko (leased by Seagate)|
- UPS announced expansion of alcohol shipment destinations across UPS’s global network that permits the import of all three categories of alcohol – wine, beer, and spirits. In Asia Pacific, UPS can now ship wine, beer, and spirits (liquor) to businesses and consumers in 10 destinations across Asia Pacific, comprising China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Macau. Depending on the destination, orders can arrive at a retailer's storefront or consumer's home within three business days using one of the UPS Worldwide Express® shipping services, and within five business days using UPS Worldwide Expedited®. All alcohol shipments require an adult signature upon delivery to consumers.
- UPS launched UPS Worldwide Express Freight® Midday service in 66 origin countries and 35 destination countries. In Asia Pacific, Singapore is one of 13 origins offering this money back guarantee service, which provides delivery between 12pm-2pm. This service is for customers who would benefit from an earlier delivery option due the urgent nature of their shipments.
- UPS announced the expansion of its earliest morning package delivery service, UPS Worldwide Express Plus®. By expanding its reach to 28 new countries and enhancing service to more postal codes in 25 existing countries, shippers can reach the top 20 economies in the world earlier than ever before. In Asia Pacific, the service was launched in Thailand and Vietnam, and expanded in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide ExpressTM Package service, making it available in 117 countries and territories and providing customers with an earlier delivery option to more locations. In Asia Pacific, the service is available in almost 30 countries and territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- UPS announced that it will partner Fast Radius to expand the UPS on-demand 3D printing network to Asia, enabling customer to increase their supply chain efficiency with additive manufacturing. UPS will also establish an Advanced Solutions team in Asia to create a Centre of Excellence that develops supply chain solutions and promotes wider applicability of 3D printing.
- UPS launched telematics technology to its Singapore delivery fleet. The proprietary system works in conjunction with the Delivery Information Acquisition Device (or DIAD – a handheld device used by UPS drivers during deliveries) to gather data for analysis to improve safety, service and performance throughout UPS’s service network.
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express® service to more than 41,000 new postal codes around the world, offering earlier-time guaranteed delivery options to customers who previously could only enjoy guaranteed end-of-day services. Customers can use UPS Worldwide Express to send shipments more than 23,000 new postal codes in Asia Pacific markets, namely, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan. This is the largest one-time expansion of the service in UPS's history.
- UPS bolstered its Asia capabilities with a series of service and network enhancements including accelerating intra-Asia transit times by up to one full day across 29 trade lanes connecting 41 markets; deepening and expanding the geographical reach of UPS’s network in four markets covering 27 cities; extending package pick-up cut-off times in major export markets; and deploying market expertise in industry verticals, customs brokerage and trade management services.
- UPS announced the addition of Trade Management Services, comprising trade consulting, import/export technologies and managed services, to the UPS customs brokerage portfolio in Asia to facilitate customers' expansion opportunities.
- UPS expanded its UPS Worldwide Express Freight service in 12 new origin and nine new destination countries globally, including Indonesia, New Zealand and Vietnam in the Asia-Pacific region. This service for urgent, time-sensitive and high-value international heavyweight shipments is available in 50 origin and 51 destination countries and territories throughout the world
- UPS announced an exclusive partnership with 7-Eleven that will see twenty of its outlets at Shell petrol stations across Singapore serve as Alternative Delivery Locations for UPS packages. The service is available with immediate effect.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.