Organizing partners Points of Light and Bloomberg L.P. honor UPS for its community engagement and philanthropic efforts
Today, UPS® (NYSE:UPS) was recognized as No. 1 in the Industrials company category on the 2014 Civic 50 list, up from the No. 4 ranking in 2013. An annual initiative organized by Points of Light and Bloomberg L.P., the Civic 50 honors the 50 most community-minded companies in the United States.
As one of the largest, most diverse and community-based companies in the world, UPS is committed to leveraging its philanthropy, company assets and the spirit of volunteerism among its employees to help build stronger, safer, more resilient communities around the world. The Civic 50 award recognized UPS this year for five of its major philanthropic efforts:
- The UPS Humanitarian Relief Program leverages its resources such as transportation and logistics expertise as a way to support preparedness, response and post-crisis recovery efforts with a goal of rebuilding impacted communities.
- UPS's signature road safety program, the UPS Road Code course, taps into the business expertise of our skilled drivers to impart tried and tested safe driving techniques to thousands of young and novice drivers.
- UPS's Global Forestry Initiative goal is to help plant, protect and preserve trees in urban and rural areas and critical forests around the world. Since 2012, The UPS Foundation and UPS employees have planted more than 3 million trees across 47 countries to support the environment.
- UPS promotes diversity and inclusion by supporting hundreds of national and community based organizations across the entire spectrum of diversity that provide economic empowerment, educational and individual development programs to under-served and under-represented members of our community.
- UPS mobilizes its global workforce to increase the capacity of non-profits and NGOs through volunteerism. This year the company and its employees committed to investing "20 Million Volunteer Hours by the end of 2020" in communities worldwide.
"We are honored to be ranked as the No. 1 Industrials company on this year's Civic 50 list," said David Abney, UPS chief executive officer. "We believe the best way to give back is to link philanthropic dollars with our logistics expertise as well as the skills and passion of our employees. This distinction validates our efforts toward making a substantial and lasting impact in communities worldwide."
For more information on UPS's philanthropic efforts, visit The UPS Foundation at www.ups.com/foundation.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. UPS was awarded America’s Best Customer Service company for Shipping and Delivery services by Newsweek magazine; Fortune magazine’s Most Valuable Brand in Transportation; and top rankings on the JUST 100 list for social responsibility, the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, and the Harris Poll Reputation Quotient, among other prestigious rankings and awards. The company can be found on the web at ups.com or pressroom.ups.com and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com. The company’s sustainability eNewsletter, UPS Horizons, can be found at ups.com/sustainabilitynewsletter . To get UPS news direct, follow @UPS_News on Twitter.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.