- Increased accessibility to UPS’s international shipping services with almost 180 retail access points nationwide
- Transit time improvements of up to one day for import and export shipments to and from major cities in the U.S., Europe and the Asia Pacific region
- Extended pick-up times for export shipments at select locations
UPS (NYSE: UPS) today announced greater connectivity for Malaysian businesses to the global marketplace. In addition to a series of service enhancements impacting over 43 towns in Peninsular Malaysia, UPS is bolstering its access points by 70 percent. Shippers are now able to gain easier access to UPS’s international shipping solutions at almost 180 UPS retail access points across Malaysia.
“UPS has a long history of delivering quickly and reliably for its customers moving products across the globe,” said Mohamed Firoz, managing director for UPS Malaysia. “As the government pushes for greater export growth amongst small- and medium-sized businesses, those located away from major cities need to be better connected to compete in international markets. Increased accessibility to UPS’s services will meet businesses’ growing demands for more efficient international shipping solutions.”
The service enhancements in Malaysia will enable businesses to gain easier access to global markets and enable the overseas expansion of many small- and medium-sized businesses. It also encourages export activities; in line with Malaysia’s call for SMEs to integrate export into their businesses to grow beyond their borders.
Customers in Malaysia will benefit from the following improvements:
- Faster transit times of up to one day for export shipments from Melaka to Europe and within Asia Pacific and from Kuantan to the U.S., Europe and the Asia Pacific region
- Speedier delivery by up to one day for import shipments from the U.S., Europe and Asia Pacific region to businesses located in Klang Valley, Southern Kuala Lumpur and Melaka
- Extended pick-up times for export shipments from Klang Valley and Melaka
- Greater access to UPS’s international shipping solutions at UPS’s retail access points, which has increased from 105 to almost 180 locations across Malaysia.
These service improvements are part of UPS’s strategy of steady expansion and growth in Malaysia. UPS will continue to help SMEs grow by providing greater convenience, increased efficiencies and flexibilities to their supply chains so that they can move their products to market more quickly.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the web at ups.com or pressroom.ups.com and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, follow @UPS_Asia on Twitter.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.