UPS Thailand Service Enhancements Help Businesses To Trade Better And Faster
- Enhances services in 138 postal areas across 131 provinces in the Eastern Seaboard, Greater Bangkok and Ayutthaya regions
- Extends pick-up cut-off times by up to 7 hours for shipments to China, Japan, India, Europe and the U.S.
- Improves time-in-transit by 1 day for faster exports to major destinations in Asia, Europe and the U.S.; Imports from key Asia and Europe destinations to Prachinburi, Rayong, Samut Sakhon and Saraburi also speed up by 1 full day
UPS (NYSE:UPS) announced additional service improvements in Thailand to better serve in the automotive and high tech businesses, two sectors earmarked as growth engines of Thailand’s 4.0 economic transformation. The enhancements support the government’s renewed focus on innovation and technology as it works toward a more value-based economy and the development of new growth hubs in its Eastern Economic Corridor.
“Exports in Thailand are expected to grow by a strong 8.5% in 2018, driving an estimated GDP growth of 3.8% for the same year,” said Russell Reed, Managing Director of UPS Thailand. “As the country continues on its growth path and cements its position as a logistics and aviation hub in the global economy, agility and speed are critical factors for staying competitive in the fast-moving automotive and high-tech sectors.”
The enhancements include extended pick-up cut-off times for export shipments to give businesses a wider production window and flexibility to fulfil last-minute orders, as well as faster time-in-transit for imports and exports to capture speed-to-market.
Three main customer benefits include:
- Faster transit time by 1 day for exports from Eastern Seaboard, Greater Bangkok and Ayutthaya regions to Asia, Europe and U.S. destinations.
These are priority markets for the high-tech industry, where speed-to-market is critical due to short product lifespans.
- Faster transit time by 1 day for imports from key Asia and Europe origins to selected postal codes in Prachinburi, Rayong, Samut Sakhon and Saraburi.
Shorter time-in-transit allows businesses to maintain less inventory and engage in just-in-time production to fulfill orders.
- Extended shipment pick up cut-off time by up to 7 hours for exports from the Eastern Seaboard and Greater Bangkok regions to key trade lanes in China, Japan, India, Europe, and the U.S.
Customers can enjoy more production lead time and flexibility to fulfil last-minute orders.
“UPS has been rolling out service enhancements to the Eastern Economic Corridor and the Greater Bangkok and Ayutthaya regions to improve connectivity and competitiveness for businesses since 2016. Our latest enhancements further accelerate global trade with Thailand’s key trading regions while helping businesses to meet pressures for shorter production times, high product quality, and timely delivery,” Reed added.
The service enhancements are part of UPS’s long-term growth plan for Thailand, which is focused on expanding its geographical reach and improving the customer experience for businesses in the high-tech and manufacturing segments. Progressively, UPS will continue to deepen its presence to support volume growth particularly as Thailand solidifies its position as a strategic gateway to Asia, and as an ASEAN Logistics and Aviation Hub.1. 13 provinces include the Eastern Seaboard: Chon Buri, Rayong, Chachoengsao, and Prachin Buri;
Greater Bangkok: Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon; and Ayutthaya Region: Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Saraburi, and Lop Buri
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the web at ups.com or pressroom.ups.com and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, follow @UPS_Asia on Twitter.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.